Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a volunteer for the City of Thousand Oaks. Here you will find updates on environmental programs, recycling, and other information I feel is news-worthy in the City. I hope you enjoy!

www.toaks.org/GoGreen

Recent News

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Smoking in the City of Thousand Oaks?

There’s nothing worse than finishing a great workout or getting all dressed up and smelling nice only to wind up in a place where someone is blowing smoke all over me. I mean really, I just worked pretty hard. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of smelling of cigarette smoke. As such, I am so incredibly happy to support the City Council’s decision to sign into effect a new ordinance for the City of Thousand Oaks which prohibits smoking in the following places:


• Playgrounds and within 25 feet thereof;
• Public Gardens
• Outdoor service areas (ex: ATM or theatre ticket line);
• The grounds of the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, except in any designated smoking area;
• Any outdoor customer dining area (note there are exceptions to this one)
• Public library grounds
• Common areas at a shopping center;
• Within 25 feet of an entrance to a building open to the public (except free-standing tobacco shops).

For more information or Smoking Ordinance FAQs click here

What are your thoughts? Is this just me blowing steam? I'd love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

  1. FDA approved chantix (latest smoking cessation pill) leads you to Smoking free healthy life. The Best possible way to quit smoking for clean and healthy world.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget