Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a volunteer for the City of Thousand Oaks. Here you will find updates on environmental programs, recycling, and other information I feel is news-worthy in the City. I hope you enjoy!

www.toaks.org/GoGreen

Recent News

Friday, April 30, 2010

Composting Fun

Composting is one of the best ways to enrich the soil of your home garden. By doing so, you eliminate the need for expensive and non eco-friendly fertilizers, conserve water, and lower the amount of waste sent to our local landfill. I personally compost at home and it's so easy!

Did you know that the City of TO offers residents the opportunity to get discounted compost bins? Really. They're around $20 a bin and there are free workshops to help get you started. Why wouldn't you fuel your veggies and flowers with nature's best?

Composting in the City of TO

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget